Friday, October 21, 2011

Going Back to Jacksonville

This time next Friday I will be on my way to city on the St. John's river. And while many Bulldog fans make the annual trek to Jacksonville, this will be my first time going since 2004. It was my final year of college (5th year overall!) and we had a senior loaded team led by David Greene, Fred Gibson, and David Pollack. Florida was struggling and had already announced Ron Zook would not return as coach. It was my fourth consecutive trip to Jacksonville, and the Dawgs had lost everyone of them. But with two touchdowns from Leonard Pope and just enough defense, the Dawgs were able to hold on for a 31-24 victory.

I was finally content. Georgia had ended the misery that was Jacksonville for me. As I graduated from Georgia the next spring, I thought it would be a while before I returned to northern Florida in late October. I was right. Now, 7 years later, I prepare to go back to Jacksonville. The Dawgs have gone 1-5 in the last six years, but just as it was in 2004, it appears we are playing better football than the Gators. Can Coach Richt and the boys finally put together a complete game and make me 2 for 2 (2 for 5 overall)? We shall soon find out.

I HATE FLORIDA!

GO DAWGS!!!

1 comment:

Subing said...

I believed it can be a whilst prior to I returned to northern Florida in past due October.