The Georgia Bulldogs have 11 players who are hoping to hear their names called out at the NFL Draft in New York over the next few days. Here are prediction on when they go.
AJ Green - First Round, #4 Overall to Cincinnati
- I would love to see AJ fall to #6 at Cleveland, where he could team up with fellow Bulldog Mohammed Massaquoi to catch passes from Colt McCoy. But I don't think that will happen. Hopefully they find a quarterback who can actually get AJ the ball.
Justin Houston - Second Round, 1st Pick (#33 overall) to New England
- Houston is a first round talent but the quesitons after his failed drug test will drop him to the second round. But not far. The Patriots will be glad to take Houston on with the 33rd pick.
Clint Boling - Early Third Round
- Boling performed well at the Senior Bowl, but most people are confused whether he will play tackle or guard at the next level. I see him going in the early third round.
Akeem Dent - Fourth Round
- Rennie Curran went off the board in round three last year and expect Dent to be gone by the middle of the fourth. While not as productive as Curran at the NCAA level, Dent has better size and improved every year he was in Athens.
Kris Durham - Sixth Round
- Durham could be the steal of the draft. Great size, good hands, and decent speed make him a perfect third down, possession receiver. If he is available, the Falcons may pick him up to replace the departed Brian Finneran.
Shaun Chapas - Seventh Round
- Fullbacks still have value, but questions about his health and quickness will make him a late round pick.
Vance Cuff - Seventh Round
- BNE readers know I hate Vance Cuff, but someone will take a flyer on him for his speed alone.
Josh Davis, Demarcus Dobbs - Undrafted Free Agents
- Both players will make it to someone's camp, but I doubt they are on rosters this fall.
Darryl Gamble, Fred Munzemaier - Undrafted
- Neither player impresses you that much on the field. For Gamble, his biggest highlight was the 2008 game against LSU (which was an amazing game). But what else did he do after that? For Fred, he just didn't play enough and had some character issues that will lead to teams passing on him.