- Georgia will beat Georgia Tech for the 11th time in 12 years. I feel more confident about this game than ever before simply due to the fact that we get a warm up game against the triple option the week before in the form of Georgia Southern.
- Speaking of Georgia Southern, I expect the Eagles to go deep in the FCS playoffs again this fall, maybe even winning the whole dang thing.
- Malcome, Marshall, and Gurley split carries, but Marshall will make the most "wow" plays.
- Marlon Brown will catch 40+ passes in his final season at Georgia.
- Georgia walks out of Missouri with a win despite many picks of doom and gloom. South Carolina and an improved Auburn team will prove to be the toughest games on Georgia's schedule (I would have said Tennessee as well, but losing Rodgers, as bad of a character guy as he was, really is a huge blow to the Vols.)
- No team in the SEC goes undefeated. Yes, that includes Alabama. As a matter of fact, I think no team will go undefeated this year.
- USC (the real USC, not those losers in Columbia) will split their two games with Oregon. But, they will win the most important one, the PAC-12 Championship game, and earn a spot in the BCS Title game.
- West Virginia may surprise some folks and win the Big XII.
- The Big Ten....what a joke. The season starts with Michigan getting crushed by Bama and ends with the conference champ losing yet another Rose Bowl.
- Clemson will continue to come back down to Earth. Florida State or Virginia Tech take back the title of ACC Champion.
- Aaron Murray decreases his interception total but also throws fewer touchdowns.
- Mike Leach takes Washington State back to a bowl game. The guys who bring the flag every week to Game Day rejoice!
- There will be two upsets in the chick Fil A kickoff. NC State takes down Tennessee and Auburn defeats Clemson.
- Malcolm Mitchell picks off at least two passes at corner.
- Matt Barkley wins the Heisman.
- Georgia goes 11-1 and plays in the SEC Championship.
Friday, August 24, 2012
2012 Season Predictions
I'm back. My life has been crazy over the last few months and it has not allowed me much time to write. But as the 2012 season is only a week away, I thought it was time to provide my predictions for the upcoming season. Here they are in particular order.
Posted by Streit at 9:03 AM 2 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)