I am stuck at the airport in Columbus, Ohio waiting for my flight home. Here are some thoughts on what has been going on lately:
- G-Day is on the Saturday of The Masters - Throw in the fact that I don't think the game will be on ESPN this year, and we should be back to the normal G-Day crowd of around 5,000.
- Who will be the final coaching hire? - I would still love to bring Travis Jones from the Saints to coach the line but I don't that is going to happen. If we can't get Jones, I would rather get a special teams coach. Grantham, Gardner, and Lakatos will be fine with the defense.
- Da'Rick Rodgers taking his visit to Tennessee - If he switched to UT, I guess it would be fair since we stole Marlon Brown from them on Signing Day last year. But, I really hope Da'Rick is in Athens next fall.
- Signing day is just a couple of weeks away. Barring any major changes, Georgia should end up with around the 10th ranked class in the country. Pretty good considering it is a smaller class and we had a pretty young team last season. The mass exodus leaving Florida with Tebow caused a lot of players to pick the Gators. I've got a feeling a fair number will be transferring after the 2010 season.
- Chan Gailey gets hired by Buffalo - You think Chan can get Reggie Ball to try out for QB? I guess the Bills figured since Georgia is not in the AFC East, Gailey should do alright.
- Despite losing all three games, the Georgia basketball team had 3 of the top 4 teams in the SEC on the ropes to start the SEC schedule. I really wish they could have held on against Mississippi State last Saturday, but clearly they are much better coached team under Mark Fox. Travis Leslie is going to be a big name in a couple of years.