BRANDON BOYKIN, CB #2
Boykin was a #14 rated cornerback in the country and a 4 star recruit out of Fayette County High School in Fayetteville, GA. Boykin, who also played quarterback, committed to the Dawgs on December 7, 2007 and was amongst a star studded class of 2008 that included AJ Green and Richard Samuel.
- 159 Total Tackles (106 solo, 53 assisted)
- 20 Tackles for loss, including 1 sack, 1 safety, and 2 forced fumbles
- 9 interceptions and 27 pass defenses
- Rushed 7 times for 103 yards (14.7 average) and 1 touchdown
- Caught 5 passes for 71 yards and 2 touchdowns
- Kickoff Returns: 110 returns for 2,663 yards (24.2 average) and 4 touchdowns
- Punt Returns: 14 returns for 180 yards (12.9 average) and 1 touchdown
- 38 career starts at corner
- Returned 4 kickoffs for touchdowns, including three during the 2009 season. 3 of the 4 went for 100 yards.
- Georgia's all-time leader in kickoff return yardage (and second all-time in SEC history)
- Had a huge interception in the end zone against LSU in 2009
- During the 2011 season, Boykin began playing offense and scored touchdowns receiving and running the ball.
Best Game - 2012 Outback Bowl
The Dawgs may have come up short in triple overtime to the Michigan State Spartans, but Boykin did everything he could to make sure that didn't happen. Showing his true versatility, Boykin scored in all three phases of the game. He started the scoring by recording a safety in the first quarter, returned a punt 92 yards for touchdown in the second, and catching a touchdown pass in the fourth. He was named the bowl game MVP despite the Georgia loss.
Honors and Awards
- 2009 All-SEC Second Team as Returner
- 2010 Defensive MVP - AutoZone Liberty Bowl
- 2010 All-SEC as Kick Returner
- 2010 All-SEC Fourth Team
- 2011 Paul Hornung Award Winner - given to the nation's most versatile player
- Invited to play in the 2012 Senior Bowl
- 2011 Second Team All-SEC
- 2011 Jim Thorpe Award Semifinalist
- 2011 Defensive Team Captain