With the current dead period before spring practice and work keeping me busy, posting on the blog will continue to be light for the next few weeks. Here are my quick thoughts for this week:
1. If the NCAA comes down hard on USC for transgressions during the Pete Carroll era, what will happen to the program if it gets in trouble under Kiffin (which it eventually will)?
2. The Winter Olympics...still not as cool as the Summer Games. And Canada, no one expected you to live up to China's opening ceremonies, but come on. That was PATHETIC.
3. Dawgs drop another one on the road after leading at half. If this team had any depth, we would be sitting near .500 in SEC. Instead, we are 3-8. Fox's team will turn that around next year.
4. Georgia baseball season kicks off this weekend. Georgia is ranked #22 and has one of the toughest schedules in the country. It is an even year, but I don't see this Georgia team having the success that the '08 team had.
5. The quarterback battle is coming into focus. Logan Gray is staying at QB, which I think is a mistake. I would be very surprised if Aaron Murray did not win the job, but if Mettenberger really has improved as much as they say, there may be a real dog fight (no pun intended).
6. 9-3. That is my prediction for the worst record they Georgia will have next fall. Easy schedule combined with 10 of 11 starters back on offense and a new defensive scheme = New Year's Day Bowl. Count on it.