Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quick Hits

- The special on Herschel Walker on ESPN last night was pretty awesome. I had never heard the story about his difficulties with bullying in middle school and how he chose to transform himself. Pretty moving stuff. And watching the highlights again, I can honestly say there has never been another running back since Herschel that had the combination of speed and strength he had. The dude was just amazing.

- Everyone is frustrated. The fans, the players, the media, and Mark Richt. Coach Richt asked the reporters if they wanted to see him blow up and start throwing things. My first response was, hell yes.

- The Dawgs will be an underdog at home this weekend. That is a very rare occurrence (I believe I read this is only the 3rd or 4th time since 2000). That is pretty amazing.

- Going into last year, Mark Richt had only lost 4 non-conference games in his first 9 seasons at Georgia. He has now lost 3 of his last 6. That's not good.

- South Carolina is a good football team, but they are not unbeatable. East Carolina had them on the ropes last week. If the Dawgs can find a way to keep the score low, I think we win. My god, a man can hope.

- I predicted a loss last week with the caveat that we would win this week. Despite the poor performance against Boise State, my feelings remain the same.

Georgia 30, South Carolina 24

1 comment:

Yogurt Recipes said...

Thannk you for writing this