I'll be honest, I was the one and only person who picked Colorado in the BNE Pick 'Em this week. It wasn't because I'm an Auburn fan or don't have faith in the Dawgs, I just saw a bad situation in a bad location for the Dawgs to turn this thing around. AJ Greene came back and proved why he is the best WR play maker in FBS this season. However, as I said in my last post, the altitude got to him and most of the team resulting in a lot of cramping and substitutions, and one man does not make a team. Altitude is a variable that has to be taken into account for any game played in higher elevations. This factor, coupled with the time change, the travel, and the intensity coming into a game with a 1-3 record only helped to disrupt a team already playing with little focus. I don't think UGA lost this game because of bad play (the fumble not withstanding), I feel everything else was stacked against the Dawgs before they even arrived.
Now sitting 1-4, UGA has an even greater sense of urgency to win coming into this week's game against the Vols. Luckily for the Dawgs, they're back in Athens. My only hope is that the fans are back as well and will have enough faith to back the Dawgs when things get tough. Richt has taken a suggestion from a fan to heart, and will lead the Dagws out onto the field this Saturday. I have a feeling he will lead them out and on to a win over Dooley. If not, he might be leading someone else off the field entirely...
Outside of this game, look for me on ESPN2 when I make the trek with the #8 Auburn Tigers as we go to face the Wildcat offense of Joker Phillips, Mike Hartline and the rest of the 3-2 Smurfcats in Lexington. We're favored by 6.5 and rightly so given our double come from behind wins against the state of South Carolina. I think I'll also be catching up on Bama and SUC, Arkrysaw and the Aggies at Texas Stadium, UCLA and Cal, and maybe Clemson and UNC just for fun.
And now for our top 5 leaders for the week followed by our overall leaders:
- LostinAlabama making a midseason surge after a stint as our BFotW with 218 points and a 17-5 record
- BLACKOUT with 210 points and a 16-6 record
- woof woof with 209 going 16-6
- Hayduke with 206 points yet managing a 14-8 record
- AUMav's Picks with 199 points going 16-6
- woof woof with 1232 points and a 89-27 record
- AUMav's Picks with 1192 points and a league-best 91-25 record
- Hayduke just one point behind at 1191 and 85-31
- Dawgsman81 with 1774 points and a 88-28 record
- Silver Britches and allyugadawg with 1164 points and a 87-29 and 86-30 record respectively
|Who wins? Smokey...|