Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Famous Pep Talks & Week 7 Picks

In watching the losses to both Georgia and Auburn last weekend, I wondered to myself, "what would I be saying to those boys in the locker room at halftime?". In light of these two dismal losses, I thought about the famous pep talks & quotes from movies in relation to what I would want to say, to Tiger and Dawg alike, during halftime should either end up where they were last weekend. Let's hope UGA can find themselves against Vandy and Auburn can stage a comeback against Kentucky. Here's what I came up with, changed to fit football where appropriate...

I love the smell of football in the morning...smells like, victory. But you know what, I don't smell it now!



Men, all this stuff you've heard about Auburn/UGA not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the game, is a lot of horse dung. Tigers/Dawgs traditionally love to fight. All real Auburn/UGA fans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Tigers/Dawgs love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Auburn/UGA plays to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Auburn/UGA should not lose a game... because the very thought of losing is hateful to our fans.


I know you think you're tired, that you hurt. Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain? It lets you know you're not dead yet!



Look at you...You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 quarters. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself.

Now I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years. None of you ever knew George Gipp. He was long before your time, but you all know what a tradition he is at Auburn/UGA. And the last thing he said to me, "Rock," he said, "sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock," he said, "but I'll know about it and I'll be happy."

So here's what we're going to do. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the [expletive deleted]. We're going to kick the [expletive deleted] out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like [expletive deleted] through a goose.

We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. We're gonna get 'em on the run boys and once we get 'em on the run we're gonna keep 'em on the run. And then we're gonna go go go go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline. This is a team they say is... is good, well I think we're better than them. They can't lick us, so what do you say men?

wrong Rudy?

WAR EAGLE & GO DAWGS

Don't forget to submit your picks!

No comments: