Monday, August 22, 2011
Weighing in on the Uniforms
Alright, now that everyone had has gotten their anger and frustration out, here are my honest opinions on the Nike Pro Combat uniforms the Dawgs will wear in the Dome.
- I don't mind the red jersey and red pants. One of the most famous clips in Georgia history features red pants and at least we got to keep our red jerseys. I am just glad it is not black on black, cause that would have been awful.
- The silver helmet doesn't look too bad...except for that stupid red stripe. If it was just a thin red stripe like the white one on our regular helmets, it would have been great.
- These are definitely not as bad as they could have been. I still think the black pants and helmets from two years ago are worse.
- We only have to wear them for one game, so we can have a burning party after the Boise game to get rid of them.
- I am very glad that the helmet features our regular G logo instead of something like a Bulldog with his hat backwards like this:
- The players like them, but this is definitely not a motivational ploy. Nike required us to do this. The people complaining about Richt doing this for fake juice need to shut up.
While that may not be perfect, they could have been a lot worse. In two weeks, the uniforms will just be a memory.